Making phone and Internet more affordable for those with limited income
What is Lifeline?
Gibson Connect knows the importance of having access to fast and reliable Internet in today’s world. That is why we are happy to partner with Lifeline – a federal program that lowers the monthly cost of phone or Internet for qualifying customers - to offer qualifying low-income households the following package for $25 per month:
- High-speed 25 Mbps (download and upload) Internet with no data caps
- Fiber modem/router included
- Professional-grade Wi-Fi included
- No contracts required
- No additional taxes, fees or surcharges
- Late fees - Delinquent accounts will incur a 5% late fee when the account is not paid in full within 60 days of the date the bill is emailed.
- Disconnection - Delinquent accounts will be disconnected when the account is not paid in full within 81 days of the date the bill is emailed.
You may only use Lifeline for either phone or Internet, but not both. A household may get a Lifeline discount from only one provider. Please note that consumers who willfully make false statements in order to obtain the benefit can be punished by fine or imprisonment and can be barred from the program.
You may qualify for a Lifeline discount based on one of the following qualifiers:
- Income – You may be eligible for a Lifeline discount if your income is 135% or less than the federal poverty guidelines.
- Participation in federal assistance programs – You may be eligible if you or one or more of your dependents are a recipient of benefits from the following federal assistance programs: Medicaid; Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program; Supplemental Security Income; Federal Public Housing Assistance; or Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit.
Customers who qualify for the Lifeline package will need to recertify their eligibility annually to maintain their Lifeline package offering. If you do not recertify your qualification within 60 days of notification, you will lose your Lifeline package eligibility.
How to apply
We offer several ways to apply for Lifeline services:
- Print and fill out the Lifeline application and bring it and your proof of qualification (at right) to your local Gibson Electric Membership Corporation (Gibson EMC) member service center.
- Visit your local Gibson EMC member service center to fill out a Lifeline application and provide your proof of qualification.
- Call your local Gibson EMC member service center and request that a Lifeline application be mailed to you. Complete the application and send it and copies of your proof of qualification to: Gibson Connect Lifeline, 1207A S College St., Trenton, TN, 38382.
How to recertify
We offer several ways to recertify for Lifeline services:
- Print and complete the recertification form and bring it to your local Gibson EMC member service center.
- Visit your local Gibson EMC member service center to complete and submit a Lifeline recertification form.
- Call your local Gibson EMC member service center and request that a Lifeline recertification form be mailed to you. Complete the recertification form and mail it and copies of your proof of qualification to: Gibson Connect Lifeline, 1207A S College St., Trenton, TN 38382. Do not mail us originals as they cannot be returned to you.
Determining your eligibility
Only one Lifeline discount is permitted per household. Complete the Lifeline household worksheet to confirm your eligibility. You also can request a Lifeline worksheet from a Gibson EMC member service center in person or by mailing the request to: Gibson Connect Lifeline, 1207A S College St., Trenton, TN, 38382.
Phone: Please call 731-562-6003 during regular business hours.
Internet: Contact us here by email.
Mail: Gibson Connect Lifeline
1207A S College St.
Trenton, TN 38382